Saturday, March 5

So...what do you do?

Often when people ask me what I do I hang my head and say oh, not much. I just stay at home with my kids.
Well, that's crap!!! I do so much and am so much more than just a housewife. I don't have any 'qualifications' other than my own experience, I have no formal higher education, but I am constantly learning. Next time I am asked I hope I have the courage to speak up and say what I do. And I hope the person asking has the attention span to listen to it all :)

So what DO I do???

I am a writer
I am a crafter
I am an eco-warrior
I am an artist
I am a lover and creator of beauty
I am a musician
I am a healer
I am a dancer
I am loving and kind
I am a gardener
I am an event planner
I am a chef
I am a student
I am a business woman
I am open and loving
I am a nurturer
I am psychic
I am a traveller
I am a spiritual being
I am a mother
I am a meditator
I am a lover
I am a creator and holder of beautiful nurturing spaces
I am a teacher
I am ME.

9 comments:

Bel said...

And you are a friend. And an inspiration.

Ariad said...

Thanks Bel :)

Earthdrummer said...

Oh Love this!!
So Good to Affirm who you are!!
A Lovely Womyn with a ton to offer!!

Blessed Be!

Kimmie said...

I have been guilty of same when asked this question Ariad.

Lovely affirming post!

karisma said...

:-)

Jessica said...

You are all that and more! The real things we need to be in life have no qualification other then having lived and learned.

I hate people asking that of me and my hubby.Its like being a parent isnt work.These days I always answer with "Education Facilitator".They can then figure that one out.

Monica said...

YAY, sing it sister!

karen said...

Well written!

Annette said...

YES! You are a creator of this experience. So strong and powerful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails