Pages

Tuesday, January 13

We're back...

We had a wonderful time camping. I really enjoyed some quality time together without any distractions, TV and no house work (that might have to be my favourite bit of camping!)




We didn't go far, just an hour from home, north to Glastonbury Creek Camping area in the Brooyar State Forest.






It's a beautiful spot and wasn't busy. And best of all dogs ARE allowed! So Xena came with us and we didn't have to worry about dog sitters.



The kids had a go at gold panning (we didn't find enough to get rich but we found some nice stones.) This led to an impromptu lesson about gold mining and history and I've promised to take the children back up to Gympie in a couple of weeks to the gold mining museum.








We went bush walking and swimming relaxed around camp. Tui loved having everyone living at her level.










Rain and Zan cooked lots of meals on the fire while I lazed around.


MB was estatic to check out the local abseiling/ rock climbing cliffs. There are 36 climbs and it's a beautiful rock formation, a huge escsrpment over looking a beautiful valley.




















The layers in the rocks led to another school lesson for the children about Geology and history.







Mb found me a little piece of rose quartz in the rock wall...the stone of love.

Although after a bit too much 'teacherliness' from me they kids decided to tape me up and gag me with gaffer tape.






This morning on our way home we went for a quick climb...we ended up staying a couple of hours.



















It was the first climb I've done in years and it was soooo much fun! We'll be going again soon.

And I saw some beautiful trees...












But we are all nicely tired out now and glad to be home.



6 comments:

suzanne said...

Hello Ariad

I have been following your blog for quite some time now and I just love the freedom your children and family experience. My children would just love to swim in your dam. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

Warm regards
Suzanne

Colleen Paeff said...

Great photos! I love the one where you're bound and gagged. Ha!

Anne said...

Great photos they show what a wonderful time your family had!:).

I love rock climbing but I have only done it indoors. One day I would like to try rock climbing out doors on real rocks!...;) LOL.

How amazing to find some rose quartz!

Rain said...

it was really fun

karisma said...

Oh wow what a great trip! Thanks for sharing! I would love to do that but unfortunately my dh is more of a 5 star motel kinda boy! (Actually he would rather stay home the boring boy!) Our one camping trip the other year nearly killed him! LOL! I just love the outdoors and nature, he just loves the beach! Your hog tie picture gave me a fit of the giggles, very funny! I think the boys would do that to me sometimes to if they could. They just roll the eyes at me when I go into teacher mode! Glad you had a great time. Hugs xxx

alecia said...

love your blog mama! great camping pics... looks like you all had a blast!

Related Posts with Thumbnails