Pages

Sunday, May 29

Bored Games

During the last school holidays, when friends came to visit, the kids got BORED. (as they are sure to let you know!)

They had played outside...



exhausted the stash of DVD's and electronic games...


and even tried kissing frogs...but to no avail, no princes appreared!


But then they got creative.

And made two bored (oops! I mean board games)



And made these awesomely, cute little characters as playing pieces.


They spent hours making the games and even longer playing them.


I always tell my kids that boredom is the space between doing something and doing something else and that it is a good space. Just go with it and see what happens and very often amazing creativity comes from boredom.



4 comments:

Erin said...

I loved how you said, "Boredom is the space between doing something and doing something else and that is a good space. Just go w/ it & see what happens & very often amazing creativity comes from boredom." So true ...
Much Peace
xoxo

Catherine said...

Hey Ariad, those games are super cool - I LOVE it when kids do that. I will definitely be using your wise words on boredom with our kids. That pic of Tui enjoying her outdoor bath is just beautiful - I can feel her pure delight!. I wanted to let you know that we made Choko Crumble and loved it! Thanks. xxx

Ariad said...

Thanks Catherine :)
I love that photo of Tui too. Just the tilt of her head looking up into the Sun was so lovely.
Just got givena whole bunch of chokos and have beeen looking for something to make, I don't have an oven at the moment but was thinking I could go make it at a friends place. Thanks for the reminder.
xxx

majikfaerie said...

nice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails