Pages

Sunday, December 28

Xmas time

I've decided to refer to the whole shebang as Xmas not Christmas. I do explain to my kids who Christ is if and when they ask...it's a bit like sex...they're bound to ask at some stage!
But I'm not christian. I don't celebrate Christmas because it is a religious holiday but because it is a family tradition of getting together and giving gifts because we do love each other no matter what altercations we may have had during the year!

We planned on having a quite Xmas but ended up having an enjoyable Xmas with all P's relatives. It was a really enjoyable day. I didn't get to take photos of everybody though...must have been the fruit cocktails...just got a bit slack after they kicked in!
Tui with nanna

Tui with great-nanna

Shy nephew, texting!

And today we spent the day with my Mum and Dad and had a beautiful time. We had a nice salad from the garden for lunch and Mum's famous vegetarian sausage rolls. And they left with some eggplants, capsicums, lemon grass and eggs. Now they're the type of pressies I like. Home grown, organic and full of love (not money)...

Mum, Rain and Tui

Dad, Mr T and Tui

It was lovely to catch up with them all...

Merry xmas,

Hope your New Years celebrations are just as exciting and happy.

9 comments:

karisma said...

Glad you had a great time! Love the look on Tui's face in that first picture! Very cute!

Thanks again for the seeds! You should have seen her face on xmas morning! Her boyfriend was looking all perplexed when she showed him and started screaming OMG its a bead tree, I got a bead tree, well it will be one day, won't it mum? (Well not a tree exactly but who was I to spoil her excitement!) You are an angel Ariad. (She later pulled me aside and told me it was her favourite present out of everything she was given and asked me if that was weird! I pointed out that I had hoped it would be as it seemed very special to me!) I busted her admiring them often throughout the day and then she wanted to know if they would really grow. She was most worried that they might not! LOL!

Big big hugs and smoochies to you! Have a great New Year!

Ariad said...

That makes me so happy Karisma! I hope they grow...I've had a pretty good strike rate with 'em.
Merry xmas to you and yours.

hippymummy said...

Hi! I'm so glad you had a good time and the kids were happy. My 7 year old kept on saying "It's about family NOT presents" - not too sure if she'd still've felt that way if there were no presents tho'?!! Lol!
I use xmas too, for similar reasons to you (and being too lazy to keep typing the whole thing!)so it's cool to see another mam with the same sentiments. Your pics look lovely, the kids as adorable as ever of course. It still seems funny to see xmas pics taken outside in sunshine and summer clothes!
Wishing you all the peace, love, health and happiness in the world. Much Love and Brightest Blessings from Sarah & tribe xXx

MOUSE said...

HEY YALL,
ITS JUST XMAS LIGHTS ON THE CELING AT RCH'S SISTERS, PISS FARTING AROUND, WAS A BIT BORED THAT NIGHT ACTUALY.
HAPPY NEW YEARS GUY'S FROM ALL OF US.
LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING AMONGST THE HILLS AGAIN SOON.

MOUSE said...

YOU COULD NEVER BORE ME WITH ANYTHING LIKE THAT, YOU GUY'S ARE MY FRIENDS AND WERE THERE FOR ME WHEN R AND I WERE ABOUT TO BUST.
HANG IN THERE GUY'S, I AM DUM FOUNDED AND LOST FOR WORDS, SURLY YOU WILL GET THROUGH WHAT EVER IT IS. YOU ARE SUCH A LOVELY HAPPY LITTLE FAMILY, WORK THROUGH IT.
THINKING OF YA'S.

Corrine said...

I am new to your blog, and really admire your efforts. With parenting, living green, and being a member of the human race.
Kudos. I look forward to learning from you.
: )

karen said...

looks like you had a great family day:)

Anne said...

Fruit cocktails yum!
Sounds like you had a great day.

Theres nothing like home grown vegies..:)

Happy New Year!

NAVAL LANGA said...

Very nice photos, and shot with an artist's eye. I liked all of the children's, especially this one : gag me with gaffer tape.

Related Posts with Thumbnails