Pages

Thursday, October 23

Growing Up

Today I finally gave Zan the present I have been making for him. It was a couple of days late for his birthday but I've been trying to find the time to finish it and to give it to him privately.
I made him a little leather pouch and we sat together and I put some special things in it for him. Things that symbolized his life so far and as I put each item in I told him what it meant to me. There was a soft blond lock of his baby hair that I have carried around for years. My first babe, such a special moment. There was one of his baby teeth that the tooth fairy had bought years ago too. A couple of crystals and a few other bits and bobs.
It was very special spending those few minutes with him letting him know how much I have cared about him. The whole lot was then tied tightly in the pouch and annointed with a few drops of mothers tears.
I often feel sad for the lack of ceremony in our modern lives and having no religious traditions myself wanted to create something to mark his passage into manhood. I hope in years to come he will remember.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Oh that is beautiful.
I am sure he will remember it...what a kind mummy
Thank you for all your lovely comments.
You are a joy...
xxxx

karisma said...

What a fantastic gift Ariad! I hope he loved it! I know my kids would.

Ariad said...

He did love it! I think he felt really special.

Ariad said...

He did love it! I think he felt really special.

Related Posts with Thumbnails